Today is the tenth anniversary of the passing of my father. Here are ten things he tried to teach me:
1. Eat fruit.
2. Write on both sides of a paper.
3. Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
4. Wake up early.
5. Take naps.
6. It’s never too late to learn something new.
7. You’re a girl; you should become an engineer.
8. Use your talents and gifts to serve God and humanity.
9. Life is a game of backgammon; part fate, part strategy.
10. Always stand for justice.
Here is what I learned:
I should have listened more.